Lecturer/ Chair of Department - AFE
- PhD Accounting Science – University of South Africa (2016);
- Master of Business Administration – Commerce (University of South Africa, 2011);
- Bachelor of Commerce – Kenyatta University (1999); CPA(K),
Membership of Professional Bodies or Associations
- Institute of Certified Public Accountant
I am a passionate, aggressive result driven accounting and finance professional who believe in commitment and hard work. Having held middle level management position in an institution of higher learning, I pride myself of logical, incisive and critical problem solving capabilities. I am also capable of leading, guiding and motivating teams to achieve desirable outcomes
- Link between public financial management act (PFM act) and the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSASs).
- Developments and trends toward harmonization of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Fair value accounting
- Emerging issues such as cap-and-trade schemes
Selected Publications(Books, Refereed publications & Non Refereed publications)
Conferences & Chapters
- 2020-August 12-13 PRACTITIONERS’ & PROFESSIONAL FIRMS GROWTH FORUM. Virtual conference; ICPAK
- 2020 May 24 REMOTE AUDITING: A GUIDE FOR PRACTITIONERS WEBINAR Virtual conference; ICPAK
- 2019 August 22nd and 23rd – Higher Education Financial management conference organized by ICPAK.
- 2019 May 22nd – 23rd – African Finance Conference in Applied Accounting – Harare Zimbabwe, successfully submitted and presented a conference paper at Elephant Hills Hotel.
- 2016 December 10th -12th – PHD student research exchange program organized by UNISA at Pure Pune University, India. University Wide research competition, ranked 2nd overall in social sciences.
- March 2014: Pan African Institute of Management and Governance Limited; seminar themed was International Public Sector Accounting Standards and International Financial reporting Standards – the convergence point.
- Accounting Standard Board – practical aspects of International Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- 11th and 12th August 2014 attend the 1st National PHD conference organized by Department of Accounting Science at UNISA
- PhD research colloquim, from 13th to 15th June 2013, theme effective research for transformative social development – event organized by University of South Africa, Pretoria South Africa.
- Moi University Kenya – presented a seminar paper on the 7th annual international conference held from 6th to 10th September 2011
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) members continuous professional development seminars and workshop in IFRSs, IFRS for SMEs and IPSASs.
Setting training themes and objectives, content development and presentation.
- Visions Institute of Professional (VIP) IFRS for SMEs seminars facilitations, content development and presentation.
- Institute for Capacity Development (ICAD) presentation on Interpretation of Financial Statements and presentation in Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards (ACCA).