Lecturer (Finance and Accounting)
- PhD in Business Administration (Finance), Maseno University (2018)
- Master of Business Administration (Finance), Egerton University (2011)
- Bachelor of Education (Mathematics), Kenyatta University (2000)
Membership of Professional Bodies or Associations
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) (Member No. 23666)
- Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) (Member No. 43113)
Dr. Nyatete Kenyanya is a lecturer of Finance and Accounting at KCA University. He had over ten years of experience in teaching, conducting research, outreach and community service gained through his service in different institutions of higher learning including Maseno University, Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology, Kisii University, African Nazarene University and the Kenya Institute of Management. He also has vast experience in conducting trainings for groups in the areas of finance and accounting, as well as supervision of student projects and theses.
Dr. Nyatete’s research interest is mainly in financial mathematics and specifically how to integrate the subject in financial decision-making, business forecasting and modeling. He is also passionate about research on how investors use accounting and financial data to provide prudent inferences for making financial reports, taxation, investments, and profit allocation decisions. To promote research, he is a reviewer in a number of scientific journals including the International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science (IJRISS).
- Financial Mathematics and Modeling
- Behavioural Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Portfolio Management
- Intellectual Capital
- Financial econometrics
Selected Publications(Books, Refereed publications & Non Refereed publications)
- Oloo M., Kenyanya, P.N., & Oluoch, O. (2022). Effect of control activities on financial sustainability of faith-based hospitals in South-Nyanza region, Kenya. International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science, 8(5), 54-61. www.ijssit.com
- Sang B. C., Kenyanya, P.N., & Oluoch, O. (2022). Factors influencing dividend payout of firms listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya. International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science, 6(4), 22-30.
- Waithigi, D., Kenyanya, P.N., & Oluoch, O. (2022). Effect of board size on financial performance of listed manufacturing firms in Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology. 8(5), 24-33. http://www.ijssit.com/
- Wanjiru, F., Muturi, W. & Kenyanya, P.N. (2021). Effect of knowledge of cash budgeting on financial performance of small-scale businesses in Kisii, Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Technology, 7(10), 15-23.
- Bosire, M.J., Nasieku, T. M. &Kenyanya, P.N (2020). Effect of risk management practices on financial performance of deposit-taking savings and credit co-operative societies operating in Kisii County – Kenya. IJARKE Business & Management Journal, 2(2), 1-8.
- Kenyanya, P.N. & Mule R. K. (2020). Moderating Effect of Business Size and Age on the Relationship between Financial Literacy and Financial Performance of Craft Micro Enterprises in Kisii County, Kenya. International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science, 4(8), 819 – 823. rsisinternational.org https://www.rsisinternational.org/virtual-library/papers/moderating-effect-of-business-size-and-age-on-the-relationship-between-financial-literacy-and-financial-performance-of-craft-micro-enterprises-in-kisii-county-kenya/
- Okari, R. M. & Kenyanya, P.N (2018). Financial planning practices and performance of the constituency development fund; a case of Borabu Constituency, Kenya. International Journal of Business and Management Innovation, 7(6), 43-49. ijbmi.org
- Kenyanya, P.N. & Ombok, B. O. (2018). Effect of financial leverage on value-added financial performance of Kenyan listed firms. Journal of Business and Management, 20 (6), 44-50. iosrjournals.org.
- Kenyanya, P.N. & Mule, R. K. (2018). Board Composition and Value-Added Performance of Firms in Nairobi Securities Exchange: Mediating Role of Financial Leverage. Journal of Business and Management, 19 (12), 57-67. iosrjournals.org.
- Kenyanya, P.N., Ombok, B.O. & Mule, R.K. (2017). Board Composition and Value-Added Performance in an Emerging Securities Market: Panel Evidence from Kenya. Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management, 4(11), 822-827. saspjournals.com. https://repository.maseno.ac.ke/handle/123456789/2654
- Otanga, G.K., Abuga, V. M., Ojera, P., Momanyi, G., Nyabwanga, R., &Kenyanya, P.N. (2015). Contribution of foreign direct investment on the growth of agro-processing sector: a case of selected agro-processing companies in Kenya. European Journal of Business and Management, 7(18), 32-41. iiste.org https://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/EJBM/article/view/23186
Conferences & Chapters
- The Inaugural ICPAK Research Conference 2020, 10th -11th December 2020. Virtual Attendance.
- The 13th Multidisciplinary International Conference 2019, 19th – 21st June 2019 at Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology. Attended and presented a paper.
- The African International Business and Management Conference (University of Nairobi), 25th – 26th August 2011 at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi. Attended and presented a paper.
- The Third JKUAT Scientific Conference (2013). 22nd – 24th September 2013. Attended and presented a paper.
- Mediating Effect of Financial Leverage on the Relationship between Board Composition and Value-added Financial Performance of Kenyan Listed Firms