Senior Lecturer School of Business , KCA University
- PhD in Strategic Management, (Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology, 2018);
- Master of Business Administration – Marketing (Kenyatta University, 2004);
- Bachelor of Arts (Kenyatta University, 2001)
Dr. Lucy S. Wamalwa is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Business, KCA University. She holds a Ph.D. in Strategic Management from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology, a Master of Business Administration with a focus on Marketing from Kenyatta University, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Kenyatta University as well. Dr. Wamalwa has contributed significantly to the academic community with her research publications, including journal papers such as “Transactional and Transformational Leadership Styles, Sensing, Seizing, and Configuration Dynamic Capabilities in Kenyan Firms” published in the Journal of African Business, and “Resilience among Kenyan manufacturing firms” published in the Academy of Strategic Management Journal. Additionally, her work on “Blue ocean strategy adoption and performance of pension schemes in Kenya” has been featured in the Journal of International Business, Innovation, and Strategic Management. Her expertise lies in the area of Strategic Management, and she continues to contribute to the field through her research and teaching endeavors.
Selected Publications(Books, Refereed publications & Non Refereed publications)
- Wamalwa, L. S. (2022). Transactional and Transformational Leadership Styles, Sensing, Seizing, and Configuration Dynamic Capabilities in Kenyan Firms.Journal of African Business, 1-23.
- Wamalwa, L. S., & Ochola, S. (2022). Resilience among Kenyan manufacturing firms.Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 21(3), 1-18.
- Higa, Z. N., & Wamalwa, L. (2021). Blue ocean strategy adoption and performance of pension schemes in Kenya.Journal of International Business, Innovation and Strategic Management, 5(2), 78-101.
- Miano, C., & Wamalwa, L. (2021). Effect of differentiation strategies on sustainable competitive advantage of five-star hotels in nairobi, KENYA.Journal of International Business, Innovation and Strategic Management, 5(2), 102-116.
- Simani, W. L. (2020). Together we can do great things an inclusive business model.Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 26(1), 1-20.
- Simani, W. L. (2017). TQM perspectives under the competitive strategies and the organization performance in Kenyan manufacturing sector.Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 16(2), 1-20
Conferences & Chapters
- Simani, W. L. (2018) Past leaders Influence on structure Strategy and dynamic Capabilities British Academy of Management conference 2018 BRISTOL UWE
- Simani, W. L. (2018) Tapping into untapped rural markets Universities, Entrepreneurship, and Enterprise Development in Africa Conference German
- Simani, W. L. (2020) CEO, Predecessor Character similarity and firm competitiveness Africa Academy of Management Lagos business school 2020
- W.L. (2022) Dynamic capabilities, knowledge management and innovations, SORBAC 2 KCA University
- Simani, W. L. (2023) Sustainable Supplier Development and Environmental Sustainability practices among suppliers in Kenyan manufacturing firms. lucy simani wamalwa .Africa Academy of Management, German University in Cairo
- Simani W.L. 2022 Short-term dreams — CSR projects in developing economies (ca Case Focus – The Journal of Business & Management
- Simani W.L. & Muchiri R. M. (2022) Safaricom: CEO Succession Planning Case Focus – The Journal of Business & Management